The baked goods industry can benefit substantially from co-packing services. With tight profit margins and rigid delivery schedules, co-packing streamlines the process. It makes large scale orders easier without the need for costly equipment or hiring additional full-time staff.
Co-packing or contract packaging offers companies that sell baked goods from restaurants to grocery stores the option to outsource elements of their product packaging. That can include the provision of ready-to-bake products customized to meet your needs. With customization, you can maintain the most critical elements of your brand to help you stand out from the competition.
Why Use Co-Packing?
A co-packing company lowers costs for capital, allowing you to enjoy greater profits with less investment upfront. For example, we offer a fixed manufacturing and packaging cost. You can reduce costs for production, enabling you to focus on sales and marketing, not to mention customer service.
We can often improve capabilities and process speed without increasing costs. While cost savings and specialization are the main reasons to consider co-packing in the baked goods industry, customization is also key.
What Are the Benefits of Customization?
Customization allows you to meet your business goals. Without it, you can miss opportunities when you are tied down to specifics. Customization offers the following benefits:
- A customized contract packager offers specialized equipment that can help you expand your offering. With the additional capacity, you can scale production based on demand while testing variations on your offering. This can include adding seasonal products.
- Contract packagers who provide flexibility allow you to change your orders to suit your needs. This improves efficiencies, especially if your brand is affected by seasonality.
- Limited packaging runs allow you to test out new products for evaluation before adding them to your permanent products.
- You can choose to send primary packages to a secondary contract packager. This can be important if you have specific multi-packs or a point-of-sale (POS) display required in some situations, such as launching a new product.
- You can develop your own private-label products and packages to suit your brand.
- Co-packers with facilities in multiple markets help balance production expenses through reduced transportation costs. We make it more affordable to expand your market customized for your business goals.
- Co-packers with tailor-made services also provide backup if you experience issues. From mechanical failure to delayed delivery of ingredients, we can ensure production schedules are met.
What to Look for in a Co-Packer
When you are looking for a co-packing partner, you have to find a company that specializes in baking. You have to ensure they meet the regulations of the food industry as well. We provide health inspections, insurance provisions, and understand the regulations of the FDA, OSHA, and Department of Agriculture. We can also work with certifications such as Kosher or Organic. So, we can actually save smaller companies money as we can simplify regulatory compliance and cover costs related to certifications.
We also offer “end-to-end” solutions incorporating the design, sourcing, procurement, and packing management functions. Through continuous collaboration, we can customize your services to meet your changing needs. Improvements are ongoing, so you are always meeting the needs of the market and your customers.
A Leader in Co-Packing in the Food Industry
Baker’s Pride is a trusted co-packing and private labeling partner to midsize and multinational baked goods companies across the country.
We rigorously maintain the quality and consistency of our delicious products, help expand our customers’ production capacity and distribution, and simplify their logistics.
For more information about our products or what we can do for your brand, visit our homepage today!